Thursday 22 December 2011

The winner in me.

I was really young when I saw a beauty pageant and was completely in awe of the beautiful girls. I would the beautiful faces and wonder wish something similar sometime happens for boys too. The same way I wished if there was a Air-hostess job for guys too. Well, there were male flight attendant and there was a pageant for guys in India too. Gladrags and Grasim.
When I turned 18 I joined airlines as a flight attendant. I wanted to avoid studies and more because I never to have made good friends ever. or may be I did but more than friends I would end up making enemies. I mean people who hated me. I must have been annoying.
After 4years of working in Airline i was tired and wanted to pursue my 1st dream- Be part of an pageantry. I did. I was in top 16 Gladrags Manhunt India 2011.
Gladrags came almost after 1year of me have quit the airline job. And boy, I was in shape to have participated.
The 1st day I entered I knew I could have won the competition too. I was in very good shape with my 4 packs popping out. I saw I was excelling in every task given. This made few jealous and few apprehensive. But u know I didn't care much coz every other contestant told me that I would make it till the top 5 atleast. Well I was sure too. Even if these guys didnt say I as very confident of my success for the pageant.
I was eliminated on the 3rd elimination for an absurd reason beyond my understanding.
Other contestant were shocked and called it unfair. Well wish it was louder and reached the ears of concerned. But there were no one who could have helped. I believed it was scripted and winner was chosen already but U stopped thinking on that term coz I knew there was a bigger script writer sitting up in sky and watching and writing my true story. He has planned a big stuff for me. I believe in him most times. rest of the time I feel depressed with the pace of my life. But its all okay its my life and isn't life bound to be like this. Ups and Downs.
I had based my whole life and dreams on Gladrags. I spent money to get a great physique. It wasn't a yesterdays dream for me. I had a dream and had worked for it long before any other contestant knew about it. I knew I had given everything I had. I entered the show with big hopes and I know I looked confident and had out scored them all. But this is my story. Not the ones who scripted it. Some benefits, some exchanges and a winner. I wasn't a fit. The day I got eliminated I didn't cry as I knew i was the best guy walking out and so did everyone else secretly believed too.
The looser this time was the real winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment