Thursday 20 September 2012

Insecure Basket

When Lily called up to wish me on my birthday she had a big news to share. She said her sister has found her a good match and she is certain that she is marrying him. It felt like a thoughtless decision taken on the basis of her current hectic work schedule and lack of socializing. But the truth about my angst was that I was insecure yet again.

When Lily left for Mexico nothing else seemed same as before. I made new friends but couldn't repeat the same bond with anyone. So the thought of sharing Lily with someone was upsetting. I thought I was losing yet another great friend. I felt very insecure and doubted if anyone understands friendship like I do. I was certainly not making any sense.


One of my friend Shakshat once asked me to not trust anyone but my own self. I wondered how could I completely give or receive love without trusting anyone ? Did that logic mean I can hurt anyone or act irresponsibly and back off by saying - I had told ya not to trust me !! Friendship means more to me so I bid him a mental farewell ( taking into account his other antics too ).

I was told I'm a great friend to have around. A Virgo all the way, I'm great at giving advice and I almost love unconditionally. So when I got closer to someone new Aneeka stopped hanging out with me giving lame excuses. It was unfair and drained me emotionally.

After days of avoiding I met Lily again on Facebook. She seemed as absorbed with the new development in her life but was worried if I felt left out. She was quick to show she cared and it instantly made me happy again. Her words made me realize that what we share is exclusive and will remain one forever. And what her to-be-husband will provide her is what I won't take responsibility for.  What if I found someone ? Her reassurance was all I needed to understand why the whole world left and she stayed to become my best buddy ever. We are priceless.

Well, friends are friends because they share something very stupid in common and not because things they don't. Bad intention are unforgivable but a friend can always be forgiven. I realized I had to ignore differences and give my friends a lot of space to create a beautiful bond. I shall never ever be insecure about losing my friends because the real ones will always stay even if I goof up big time or act stupid.

So there I was cool as a cucumber understanding fraands and fraandships.

( Names of people and places are changed )

No comments:

Post a Comment